The view from my window

The view from my window
The view from my window

Friday 27 March 2015

Wonky sheep

Ted (my dad) was a funny man.  Not always intentionally, but funny nevertheless.  We called him dad of course but he never wanted to be called "grandad" so after the first (of 10) grandchildren, he ended up being called Ted.

He had all these silly songs and sayings which we all remember to this day and they still make us laugh.  I was in Dorset to see my mom recently and my niece mentioned the "wonky sheep".  Mom is from North Wales where obviously there are loads of sheep, so Ted told my niece that sheep have legs shorter on one side to enable them to stand on the Welsh hillsides.  Said niece is now 35 and she was saying that she believed that baloney until she was at least 20!!!  I'm sure she's not the only one out there.  Score:  Ted: 1, niece: 0.

 
Rachel taking care of Ted
 

No comments:

Post a Comment